# Nushell 0.41
Nushell, or Nu for short, is a new shell that takes a modern, structured approach to your commandline. It works seamlessly with the data from your filesystem, operating system, and a growing number of file formats to make it easy to build powerful commandline pipelines.
Today, we're releasing 0.41 of Nu. This release is a bugfix release of 0.41.
# Where to get it
If you want all the goodies, you can install
cargo install nu --features=extra.
As part of this release, we also publish a set of plugins you can install and use with Nu. To install, use
cargo install nu_plugin_<plugin name>.
# What's New
save --appendwill now create a file if missing (opens new window) (BraulioVM)
- Upgraded dependencies (opens new window) (ahkrr)
- Corrected spelling in crate docs and code docs (opens new window) (EdwardBetts)
- Fixed the markup in some of the crate docs (opens new window) (tshepang)
- external arguments are now sanitized more (opens new window) (BraulioVM)
- upx/strip has been removed after feedback from users (opens new window) (fdncred)
- Clipboard capability via arboard removed (opens new window) (jt)
- Removed some unnecessary allocation (opens new window) (ahouts)
# Engine-q progress
As engine-q matures, our energy continues to be directed towards it. Over 80 PRs (opens new window) have been merged into engine-q since the last Nushell release. As engine-q nears readiness for early adopters to begin using it, we've begun concentrating on closing the remaining gaps in functionality so that it can be used as a daily shell. Once ready, Nushell will have its core functionality replaced by engine-q and from there on we'll be using the new engine. We're planning to change the version number significantly to reflect the jump in features.
# Looking forward
As we enter the holidays, the focus of the Nushell effort continues to be on engine-q. There are still many commands left to port (opens new window) and more places to jump in. If you'd like to help, come join us on the discord (opens new window). We'd be happy to show you around.